What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO refers to the process of optimizing your website for the crawling and indexing phase. With technical SEO, you can help search engines access, crawl, interpret and index your website without any problems.
It is called “technical” because it has nothing to do with the actual content of the website or with website promotion. The main goal of technical SEO is to optimize the infrastructure of a website.
To understand what is the true meaning of technical SEO, let’s start with some basic terminology. You can also get specialist ecommerce technical seo consultant services online.
Image Source: Google
What is SEO?
First, let’s recap what is SEO? The most simplified definition is that SEO is the process of optimizing your website for Search engines.
Optimization in the SEO context means:
- Make sure that search engines can access and index your website without any problems
- Having high-quality content that matches the intent of the searcher
- Giving search engines crawlers the right signals to understand the structure of your website
- Helping search engine spiders understand the meaning (context) of your content.
- Giving search engine algorithms reasons to trust your website and rank it higher than other websites.
- Once you do all the above correctly, your website will be SEO friendly and a candidate to appear in the SERPS for many searches (related to your content).